Friday, May 8, 2009

Blame it on Joe!

It appears that no one has updated this blog in awhile! I have some feelers out for more guest bloggers - let me know if you are interested. I am currently leading a group read of Betsy and Joe on the Maud List. Which is taking all my writing time. Well, I have a list of excuses as long as my arm - but I will go with this one:

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE CONVENTION I CAN BARELY WRITE!

I am currently looking over the specs of the Alltel center to see where we should put different things and it just looks so amazing! The reception hall used to be the First National Bank and has been restored with the original bank vaults and stained glass windows. The pictures are beautiful. You can see some pictures here. It is just lovely.

I am also looking over the menus and it goes without saying that I will be bringing some elastic waist pants. Maybe a nice roomy sun dress. I plan to be packing it in. And I hear that when you plan ahead to be a glutton the food has half the calories that it usually contains. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

  1. The Alltel Center is gorgeous, and Najwa, the caterer, provides food that is "to die for" according to Kathy Baxter and Kristin W.. I know that we are all known for our delicate appetites but we can unbend and really eat (but should probably join Susan A in her run up the big hill on Sunday am to work some of it off!). A dip in Murmuring Lake also sounds great!

    ReplyDelete